MEET THE TEAM
Ciera C. Gainey, Esq.
Ciera Gainey practices general civil litigation and has experience defending premises liability and motor vehicle negligence cases. In addition to her defense experience, Ciera has worked as a Plaintiff’s attorney with a civil litigation firm in the Jacksonville area. Ciera’s prior experience gives her keen insight into how to evaluate claims, injuries, and treatment in personal injury cases.
As a Florida native, Ciera was born and raised in Gainesville, FL. She received her Bachelor of Arts degree in Criminology from the University of South Florida, and went on to earn her Juris Doctor from Florida Coastal School of Law. While in law school, Ciera was a judicial extern for the Honorable Stephanie Ray at the First District Court of Appeal in Tallahassee, FL. As a judicial extern, Ciera became familiar with Florida appellate practices and procedures by conducting legal research, preparing legal memoranda, and drafting case summaries on various civil issues.
While at Florida Coastal School, Ciera exceeded academically by receiving the Cali Excellence Book Award for the highest grade in Torts I. She also found much pride in joining the Moot Court Honor Board and the Mock Trial Team. Present day, Ciera serves as a Board Member of the Jacksonville Bar Associations Young Lawyers Sections, where she aids in serval community service projects and mentors local high school students who aspire to become future lawyers.
Aside from the practice of law, Ciera has a devoted love for music and enjoys spending her spare time singing at various events in the Jacksonville area.
- Personal Injury
- Insurance Defense
- Premises Liability
- Florida, 2018
- Georgia, 2019
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida, 2019
- Florida Coastal School of Law, 2018, J.D.
- Certification in Civil Litigation
- Pro Bono Honors Graduate
- SBA Student Leadership Award, Recipient
- Cali Excellence Book Award, Awarded for the highest grade in Torts I
- 30th Annual Domenick L. Gabrielli National Family Law Moot Court Competition, Champion
- 30th Annual Earle E. Zehmer Moot Court Competition, Champion
- Florida Coastal Moot Court Internal Competition, Champion
- Florida Coastal Mock Trial Internal Competition, Top Six Advocate & Best Cross-Examination
- University of South Florida, 2010, B.A.
- Jacksonville Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section
- Board Member, 2001 – Present
- The National Black Lawyers
- Recognized as Top 40 Under 40 in Florida, 2020 – Present
- D.W. Perkin’s Bar Association
- Member, 2023 – Present