E. T. Fernandez, III, Esq.
Florida and Georgia Offices
Ellis T. Fernandez, III is board-certified by The Florida Bar as a Board-Certified Civil Trial Lawyer and has been awarded an AV Preeminent rating (highest) by the Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review.
E.T. has been named a member of the “Elite Eight” in the United States as a preeminent trial lawyer to address the most difficult, complex and catastrophic claims facing the defense during these challenging times. When cases seem to overwhelm current risk strategies or defense counsel, they call him. Out of all trial lawyers reviewed by First Court, only eight, in the entire U.S, were selected as having all of the necessary skills to be able to handle these claims. Click here to learn more!
E.T., by personal invitation of the Pennsylvania Academy of Trial Lawyers, was asked to address the Academy at their annual Conference at Nemacolin Woodlands Resort in Pennsylvania in October, 2015. After reviewing hundreds and hundreds of trials over the last few years, the Academy has selected but one and asked he provide his insight from his experience as to the “how and why” different juries can reach completely different results over the same set of facts. Few know the importance of presentation and the impact it can have on the potential juror as his experience and proven results can produce.
Many know of E.T.’s long involvement as an oral advocate. From his earliest days, it just seems he was destined to be a trial lawyer.
The accolades might be many, but their start dates back to his days on the Debate Team in college which continued into law school. There, he was Chief Justice of the Mock Trial Division. He was also the first, and to this day, only freshman, to win a spot on the National Mock Trial Team and won the Southeast Division of the ABA Mock Trial competition, (and back in those days, the ABA was the only competition in the United States). He then placed 3rd in the United States at the National Competition in 1982 … and for which he still has the Bronze Medal proudly displayed on his desk.
E.T. is certainly known to defender of the underdog. His aggressive and relentless pursuit of justice for his clients leaves him with few peers.
The quote about E.T. at the opening of FTL’s website is from a Former President of the Florida Bar, Former President of the AAJ, Former President of the North Florida section of ABOTA and … E.T.’s first boss.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Products Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Insurance Defense
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Defense
- Florida, 1983
- Georgia, 2012
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, Birmingham, Alabama, 1982, J.D.
- Troy State University, Troy, Alabama, 1978, B.S.
Classes & Seminars Taught
- Professor of Litigation, American Institute of Paralegals, 1991
- Delta Theta Phi
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Trucking Industry Defense Association Member
- Jacksonville Bar Association Member
- The Florida Bar Member
- The Georgia Bar Member
- Orange County Bar Association Member
- Federal and American Bar Association Member
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America Member
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association Member
- The Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers Member
- Jacksonville Defense Lawyers Association Member
- American Trucking Association Member
- Transportation Lawyers Association Member
- DRI – The Voice of the Defense Bar Member
- Civil Justice Foundation Founding Member
- Professor of Litigation, American Institute of Paralegals, 1991 – 1992 Member
- University Club, 1991 – 1993 Board of Governors
- University Club, 1991 – 1993 Chairman Young Executive Board